For a while now, in between socks, I've been knitting little 4-inch squares from leftover sock yarn for Oliver's benefit. Michaela has organized a little fund-raiser in the U.K., and Kay is helping out by collecting squares here in the U.S. (You can click on the names to read more about it).
My effort has been going slowly. Coming down with this head cold hasn't helped much either. I still manage to put in at least an hour of knitting in the morning and another hour in the evening. When I feel up to it, I grab odd moments of knitting when I can. I hope to contribute at least a dozen afghan squares before the end of the month.
I've just finished sewing the spots on this pair of Buggy Mitts for my little boy. He said he wanted lady bug mittens, but when he saw me grab a square of black felt off the shelf to make the dots he insisted he wanted bright colors instead.
You can find the pattern here. I have added a few rows of length to this pair to fit my son's long, tapered fingers.
He says he wants me to make him a pair of bumble bee mittens next!