Saturday, November 05, 2005

Knitting In Public

Knitting at the hockey gameKnitting in public is not new to me. I knit whenever I get the chance and keep a small project tucked into my purse or diaper bag just in case I have the opportunity to work a few rows. People can see me knitting all over town. I have to admit, however, that knitting at a hockey game is a first for me.

Knitting at a hockey game is not the same as knitting at a baseball game. It's noisier and the fans are, shall we say, more boisterous. There is also the very real danger of getting hit in the head with a puck that requires one to pay attention to the game at all times. So, if you're a skilled knitter and are practiced at knitting without looking at it, by all means do give knitting at a hockey game a try.

In the photo is the beginnings of a baby hat at last night's game, Bakersfield Condors vs. San Diego Gulls. That's the goalie for the Gulls peeking through. The game went into overtime, final score 5-4 Gulls.

For those who wonder why in the world I would be talking about hockey in the first place: I'm married to a Canadian. 'Nuff said.

No comments: