Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Holiday Knitting

Last 3 squares for Oliver's blanket project.I managed to squeeze another 3 squares for Oliver's blanket into the mail to Kay before the deadline. That makes a total of 17. Those squares were fun to make, especially the miters because each one was done in a different color, no two alike.

Every now and then my family would hear me chuckle over my knitting for no apparent reason. They don't know how much it amused me to think about Kay and company arranging those hundreds and hundreds of squares. That's going to be some sewup party.

2 ribbed caps in Noro Kureyon.A simple cap in Noro Kureyon.I have dug in to my holiday gift knitting with the same gusto as my charity knitting. I have just finished my 4th adult-sized hat for various undisclosed relatives. Undisclosed because one never knows when they will decide to visit the blog and I am big on keeping gifts a surprise.

I will share the patterns, however. The 2 'Ribbed Caps' (photo upper left) are from Vogue Knitting On The Go Caps & Hats Two. The cap on the right was made without a pattern, cast on 80 stitches and knit until you run out of yarn basically. The self-striping effect of Noro Kureyon provides all the interest in these hats.

pink capThe pink hat on the left is the '11th Hour Hat' from Nevermore Knits. Yes, she posted the pattern yesterday, I must be one of the first people to try it out. I started the hat early this morning and finished late tonight. It was fast tv knitting, I want to tell you. I'll definitely be using this pattern again.

I got my Ravelry invite! You can find me there by the name Ariliss. What a fun place to go play!

No comments: