Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Still Knitting

a pile of dishclothsreverse side of striped clothYes, I'm still knitting these 4-corners dishcloths. While I have run out of brown and turquoise, I haven't yet run out of cotton yarn entirely. Some of the cloths I've made have already been given away as gifts.

The photo at right shows the back of one of the striped cloths so that you can see how it looks when you carry the yarns along the edge of the knitting.

Dishcloths aren't the only things I'm working on.

Blue socks in progressHere are the blue socks I've been working on for my Mom. The contrasting heel is finished and I'm about to start the instep on the second sock.

I don't know what it is about socks, but it always feels like they take forever to knit. This pair have been to assorted waiting rooms and to my local yarn shop, much more interesting places to visit than my laundry room.

Baby Surprise Jacket in progressLately I've been noticing a lot of people making Baby Surprise Jackets. I've never actually made one, though I have been a long-time admirer of Elizabeth Zimmerman. I've been meaning to make one, and there's no time like the present to start one.

I've chosen some Patons Astra in 08728 Hot Fuchsia, which has been discontinued. I'm debating whether or not to play with stripes on this one. I'm leaning toward making this first effort in a solid color, and then playing with stripey goodness in the future. This color makes enough of a statement all by itself.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Your needles sure are busy! I'm reading EZ right now! The socks are really nice! I love contrasting colors:) I'm not surprised to see more washcloths! LOL You should have close to a lifetime supply! They are lovely though! I can see the addiction:)