Thursday, September 20, 2007

Finished Projects

The blue socks for Mom are finished. She is happy, they fit her perfectly. There's nothing quite so comfortable as a pair of handknit socks.

I didn't manage to knit them in public in any exciting places. Maybe I'll be more fortunate with the next pair.

During the hot summer months, knit woolens are something we make for loved ones who live Up North in cooler climates. Now that the weather is cooler we are enjoying being able to think about wearing socks and sweaters ourselves without fear of heat stroke. I do love autumn.


Baby Surprise JacketBaby beretI've also finished the fuschia Baby Surprise Jacket. It needs buttons and embellishment. I'm thinking about crocheted flowers for this one.

I found a great beret pattern to go with the jacket in the Debbie Bliss Simply Baby book. It's just too cute, you have to try it. I found the book at my local library.