Saturday, September 17, 2005

What, no knitting?

Well, technically, no. I'm sewing up a knitting project, not actually knitting it, and I'm doing some crocheting. I will have a proper knitting post very soon though.

Here are a few blocks for the Afghanalong. I dug through my stash of yarn and since it is September was inspired to use these autumn shades. These blocks have been crocheted, but I will be knitting some as well. It's a great opportunity to test out new stitches and textures for future projects while helping out a good cause. If you have already donated to the Red Cross (or others) but still feel like you need to do something more, then why don't you make some blocks, or a whole afghan, and mail it to Knitzilla or your favorite charity? You'll be glad you did.

See the stitch markers that came in the mail yesterday? The second set I've received for September comes from Tennessee. In light blue and dark purple, they have a modern feeling about them. Aren't they gorgeous?

Thank you, Swap Buddy, for such a beautiful and generous set of markers!

I can't wait to use all these wonderful stitch markers! They deserve to be seen, so you know I'll be knitting in public more often just to show them off LOL!

No comments: