Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Needle Exchange Questionnaire

Gimme Some Needles Exchange websiteHere are my answers to the Gimme Some Needles Exchange questionnaire.




1. What do you like to knit or crochet? (socks, sweaters, etc.)

I like to knit and crochet almost anything.

My current WIPS(works in progress) include a baby afghan, 4 baby/toddler sweaters, socks, a womens vest and a shawl. This years finished projects include many hats, scarves and mitts, handbags, dishcloths, baby sweaters and toys.

It would seem that I prefer to make small projects that don't take very long to finish.

2. What fibers do you like?

I really like to work with natural fibers like wool, silk and cotton. I am a practical person, however, and usually choose to work with easy care fibers that can be machine washed. I love the feel of superwash wool, but cotton is a better choice for the warm climate where I live.

3. What type of needles do you use most often?

I use straight needles most of the time for those small projects and garter stitch. When I knit a sweater, I prefer to use circular needles whenever possible to eliminate seams.

I frequently use aluminum needles. They are practical and fairly toddler proof, and in this warm climate having needles that are cool to the touch can be quite pleasant. I also use wooden needles, they feel very nice while using them, but the toddler has a real fascination with them and has broken some of my finer sock needles.

As for circular needles, I love Addi Turbos, doesn't everyone?

4. Do you like to knit in the round?

Yes, I do. I particularly enjoy fairisle in the round.

5. Do you use a magic loop method or any other we should know about? Are you interested in learning a new method?

I don't use magic loop yet, but it sounds like a fun thing to try :)

7. Do you have a favorite place that you shop online? (knitpicks.com, knitpixie.com, jimmybeanswool.com....)?

I don't have a favorite, each shop has its own personality and inventory. I have shopped at Elann, GotYarn, Webs and Yarn Forward. There are so many that I haven't discovered yet!

8. Do you want to be surprised? Then erase all your answers above and write surprise me!!!

Of course I'll be surprised, but my swap buddy will want to know a little about me so she (or he) can choose.

Other things you might like to know about me:

I love crafty hand-made things best of all. I love all kinds of colors and textures. (Hmmm, I wouldn't be knitting and crocheting if I didn't, now, would I?)

Other people describe me as laid-back, flexible and easy-to-please.

My most recent needle purchases:

1. A pair of 9" size 6US/4.25mm Clover Takumi bamboo straights for finishing my afghan squares after my old Baleens broke.

2. A pair of 9" size 13US/9mm Clover Takumi bamboo straights for a Fancy Fur scarf.

I really like these needles. I find them very comfortable to knit with for long periods of time. Their light weight and short length make them less fatiguing.

No comments: