Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Block Update

I've made enough blocks for a small afghan. This photo shows the blocks arranged on the floor in the order I will be using for the finished blanket. I followed the pattern in Family Circle Easy Crochet Fall/Winter 2005 (number 34, Kathy Eng's oversized wrap) for the blocks, changing it just enough to make rectangular blocks 7 inches by 9 inches instead of the 5 1/4 inch squares given in the instructions. I used all Red Heart Super Saver yarn for rugged washability. I have started sewing it up, saving a little bit of work for the gals over at Knitzilla.

I've also shipped the goodies for my swap buddy for the Gimme Some Needles Exchange. I had a lot of fun putting that package together hehe. What I can't believe is that I forgot to take a photo of the goodies to share with you all. I will have to get one from my swap buddy after she receives her nifties.

Needles for my buddyHere is the photo from my swap buddy, Knitting Nurse. I chose Brittany needles for her because they are wonderful to work with and because they have that wasp-waisted shape in the turning that you can embellish with beads. I picked out some fun yarn to play with that isn't her usual sock knitting yarn. I found some beads to match the yarn and made some stitch markers and embellishments for the needles. Voila!

No comments: