Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More Dishcloths

6 4-corners dishclothsI've taken a break from the sock knitting to work on some dishcloths. There are 2 weddings coming up next month and I like to include a little something handmade with my gifts.

I had been browsing around and found a pattern I just had to try and I must say that I love it. It looks wonderful in a space dyed yarn as well as a solid, but I think it's especially nice using both solid and ombre yarns in a 2-row stripe pattern.

Based on Elizabeth Zimmerman's Square Baby Blanket, the basic pattern is here. Another one of those garter stitch items that are so versatile.

6 comments:

Dave said...

Very cool -- I love your idea of striping them!

Abigail said...

Positively lovey! I heart the solid ones too:D

Thanks for sharing - cyber hugs

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Love them! Did you alternate colors or are the stripes just naturally falling in place every row. You're making me want to cheat on my Ballband dishcloths!

Carol said...

Really nice! I like the way you alternated solids and ombres! A nice touch!

Chris said...

LOL I took a break from dishcloths to learn to knit socks. Love the dishcloths

Anonymous said...

I've GOT to knit some of those dishcloths! I love yours. :)