Monday, April 03, 2006

More Hats for Kids

A hat for JamesI've made some more hats over the weekend. These are for some neighbor children whose family is relocating to a colder climate than we have here in California. These soft woolen caps will surely help to keep them warm.

For James (photo left) a hat in primary colors of white, blue, black, red and yellow. Very colorful and difficult to lose in the snow, I hope.

A hat for Bailey For Bailey (photo right) a hat in the same white, blue, red and yellow of the first cap, but with pink instead of black in the mix.

It reminds me of an Easter egg in its color and patterns.

I hope she likes the softer effect of this colorway and finds the hat as easy to find in the snow as her brother's cap.

Chart for James' hatChart for Bailey's hatHere are the charts for the colorwork in the hats (the boy's hat on the left and the girl's hat on the right) in case you want to make your own version.

Knit in worsted weight wool, I proceeded the same as for the Child's Patterned Hat, substituting these charts for the one posted in that pattern.

I plan to make some mittens to match these hats. Their hands need to be kept warm too.

2 comments:

aija said...

Wow, thanks for the charts! I think I may have to try out one of your patterned hats, they look great.

bethanie said...

You really do some amazing work!