Saturday, November 19, 2005

Yamzilla

Giant yam with a quarterI simply could not resist showing you the yam I bought at the grocery store this week. It is positively the largest one I've ever seen. It's 1-1/2 lbs, 10 inches long and 6 inches in diameter with an 18-inch circumference, almost as large as my toddler's head. I can use this thing to model hats for little ones until I make Yams with Marshmallows out of it for Thanksgiving dinner. We affectionately call it Yamzilla.

Bag of persimmonsWe were invited to a neighbor's house to pick persimmons and came home with a grocery bag full of them. We left some stem attached to help them finish ripening where needed. Aren't they pretty? I want some yarn in that color hehe.

We're going to try out some recipes for baked goods and jams made with the persimmons; this is the first time we've had enough of the fruits to do so. I'll report on our adventures.

First Switch MarkersMy first package came for the Switch Marker Swap. Aren't they adorable? What a cool way to keep them together, using a keychain! I love it!

Thank you, Moze, for a great set of stitch markers!

No comments: