Friday, October 28, 2005

Pumpkin Patch

We've made our annual trek to the pumpkin patch. Many photos were taken and many pumpkins and gourds were petted and purchased. The toddler had great fun even though he was too small to partake of many of the entertainments on the premises. Hugging 'punkees' was his favorite sport, and he hugged a great many of them. He continues to hug the specimens we brought home with us as often as we will allow him to.

I continue to work on the Manoir Coat as time allows. I'm currently sewing the collar on to the body of the sweater. It isn't going so well, and I can't help but feel that there must be a better way to make this garment than the one they chose to use in this book. I think curiosity will drive me to research and experiment and come up with some better solution. In the mean time, I struggle to make this one work out correctly. If it doesn't start looking better soon, I may have to put it aside for a while out of frustration. I don't want to do that if I can avoid it, because it will then become one of those projects that sits there on the shelf making me feel guilty for not finishing it. Bah.

Tomorrow will be our neighborhood Halloween party for the children. It promises to be a lot of fun for the kids. A daytime party makes for excellent photo opportunities, so don't forget the camera!

No comments: