Thursday, June 30, 2005

African Knits and New Needles

The hats and scarves are on their way to Kelli and will soon be on their way to an orphanage in Mozambique. Here they are, just before being stuffed into a box for shipping. This is what I managed to get knitted in 2 weeks of spare time, see how fast the chunky yarn and garter stitch work up?

You know, I think it's almost magical the way the internet has made it possible for ordinary people to get together and do something extraordinary, like helping some kids on the other side of the planet. Wow.


See what I found in my mailbox today? My replacement needles for the one that broke while knitting little 2-stitch cables. Brittany no longer makes the victorian style walnut needles, so they sent me a pair of their art deco style birch needles instead. I think they're wonderful! They feel very good in the hands and the simple elegance of the turning is quite lovely. I'm sure to enjoy these needles very much. I have to say, I am most pleased with the Brittany Needle company, they make a quality product and they made good on their guarantee cheerfully and without question. Makes me want to go out and buy more of their needles! (hubby groans and wonders where I'm gonna put even more needles)

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

I am so pleased we found each other too! I can't tell you how overwhelmed I was by the positive response from knitters. Knitters are a pretty good group of people, I've decided.
Thanks again for your generosity!

African Kelli said...

Got them in time! I'm on my way today. Thanks again!!