Wednesday, February 02, 2005

A Frogging We Go

This is what is left of an old sweater from the thrift shop, some grey and white ragg yarn to make into something new. The yarn is a worsted weight, about 4.5 stitches per inch (about 18 stitches per 10cm) and very soft to the touch. The brightly colored bits are the 2-row stripes that ran through the sweater every 20 rows or so. They aren't long enough to make a ball, but they will be fine for scrappy projects where you just need a little bit of a color. I forgot to take a 'before' picture, I will try not to repeat that mistake.

I found several sweaters to recycle at the thrift shop. I will post each one as I work on it, so stay tuned for some crafty ideas to remake your own good stuff.

I haven't been knitting very much during the last week, I've been catching up on some scrapbook swaps I joined a while ago. I have been working on this little item today.



It's a miniature baby afghan to decorate a baby shower scrapbook page. I'm using sock reinforcment yarn and size US#0000 steel lace needles and the Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth pattern. The finished item measures about 2 1/4 inches square.



This is the first time I've used those tiny needles, and it may be the last hehe.

No comments: