Friday, June 10, 2005

Patio Flowers and Bustier Bags

I've been enjoying the fine weather this week and the flowers on the patio. Having a pot of colorful annuals or two on the patio has become a tradition for me. It really perks me up to see them out there, especially when it's hot and uncomfortable-it reminds me that the heat has its purpose too.



I have been aquainting myself with the local shops around my new home and have found some interesting and unusual things. I just had to share this amusing item that I found in a little shop that specialized in handbags.



I'm sure that there will be a flurry of activity to try to recreate it. I am planning a more, um, sedate bag for my BackTack buddy to use as a knitting bag, although I'm sure that a bustier-bag would make a great tote for projects too.

The Marennes jacket in Hobby is nearly finished, just the sewing up to be done. I will post a photo when it's complete.

No comments: