Friday, April 01, 2005

Flash Your Stash



As promised, here is 'the good stuff', that portion of my stash comprised of natural fibers. I seem to have retrieved just about all of it from various nooks and crannies around the house. Filling the cubbies on the left are wool yarns, on the right a combination of cotton, silk and wool yarns. Some of my favorites:



On the left, Alafoss Lopi in a nice medium gray for a bomber jacket. On the right, Tahki Donegal Tweed in assorted colors just because they were so beautiful.



Merino: some Lane Borgosesia Merinos Extra Fine, GGH Merino Soft and some GGH Taj Mahal with silk and cashmere added. Purchased to make wonderfully soft fairisle tams.



As previously posted, cotton Sonata from Elann in a variety of cool colors. 25 balls in all. I have no idea what I will be making with this yarn yet, but for now I'm really enjoying petting it.



Assorted wools: Nature Spun and Creme Brulee for making hats; 7 Settembre from the sale bin for small projects; Cascade 220 for felted bags; and 10 balls each of Dale Baby Ull in white, charcoal and red for baby things.



Sock yarns: Lang Jawoll, Brown Sheep Wildfoote; Silja, Limbo, Opal; Froelich Blauband; Fortissima and Regia.



Assorted novelty yarns. Fushia/purple/turquoise color group; odd balls of textured cottons; slubbed/furry/eyelash types.

There is a lot of cotton too. Tahki Cotton Classic, Lion Cotton and Sugar'n Cream in many colors for baby afghans and other mitered projects, most of which is in a big project bag.



Don't forget the acrylic and acrylic blends, detailed in my previous post...



The recycled yarn...



or the recycled-yarn-to-be.



That's the stash, but not all the yarn-the rest is in project bags everywhere. Yes, my family thinks I have too much yarn. No, they haven't seen it all. How's your stash?

7 comments:

Danielle said...

It's so colorful, and nicely organized!

monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits said...

I third the adoration of your cubbies! Amazing. Something I aspire to... having that much yarn, I mean. :)

thomasina said...

Yes, the organization is wonderful -- I will have to try something like that when I acquire more yarn!

Pioggia said...

Hey, why am I turning green? Oh, it's just envy. Congratulations on your great stash!

Anonymous said...

Hi

It looks like it some pretty cool sweaters waiting to be unraveled there...
PLEASE take pictures and post of them BEFORE you unravels them.
Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!! I love all your storage ideas!!

yuvee said...

Gosh, you've got a really great, not to mention big stash there. I love your colour choice, so colourful!!