Saturday, August 01, 2009

New Pet

CinnamonLittle Blue Dog sweaterWe have a new family member.

How can one resist those eyes? We'd gone to the pound "just to find out how one goes about adopting" and "just looking to see what they've got." Famous last words.

The 6-year-old has decided to call her Cinnamon, which I think is appropriate because her coat more resembles her Dachshund ancestors than the Chihuahua ones.

Just think, someone else to knit for! She gets cold in the air conditioning, so I had to try making her a sweater. This is "The Chihuahua Sweater" by Staceyjoy Elkin and it's a free pattern. It's knit in 2 pieces and seamed to form the front leg openings. It was a pretty easy knit and I can see I'll be playing around with the possibilities for a while.

You know, I used to think people who dressed up their pets were nutty. Now I find myself browsing through all those wacky pet costume patterns over at Ravelry! Guess I'm nutty too.

12 comments:

Liz's Knitting said...

So cute!!!! We need more pics!!!!

ekgheiy said...

Aawwww! So adorable!! :-)

Linda said...

Cinnamon is just adorable. Now you need to change your profile on ravelry to include one pet. :)

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

congrats on your adorable new addition!

agnelarae said...

Awww! How cute the puppy is! And the sweater looks great, too:)
Ang

Karen said...

What a cutie!!...animals are fun to dress up because they can't object...I put sweaters on my standard poodles and even the cat!..

skumar said...

thanks for sharing this wonderful post

eko s said...

hi.... i like this blog
design blog is good

bedroom paint ideas said...

Hey,
New Pet
Fine points are available all around, many thanks. I anticipate reading even more.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clipping Path said...

Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing!