Sunday, March 27, 2005

Acrylic Yarn

I hope you're all enjoying this fine Easter day. Church is over, the eggs have all been found, and the children are in a sugar-induced semi-comatose state in front of the TV. A few moments of peace for blogging.

I'm beginning work on another striped cardigan. This time it's for a little boy and I'm using worsted weight yarn.



Yup, that's good ol' Red Heart Super Saver. I'm going to test my baby cardi pattern with the worsted weight and see what changes I need to make for a toddler size 2 or 4 sweater. I'll keep you posted.

And speaking of acrylic yarn, here's a sneak peek at one of my Flash Your Stash photos.



This is most of my acrylic and acrylic blend yarn stash. You don't have to worry about the moths eating it, so I keep it in these cubbies in the closet. Very easy to get to.

The upper left and upper right cubbies contain 40 balls of Patons Beehive Shetland Chunky (75% acrylic/25% wool) and a few odd balls of other stuff, like Brunswick Limeric (93% acrylic/7%wool), Brunswick Fore-'n-Aft Sport (100% Orlon Acrylic), Brunswick Heather Boucle (75% Orlon/18% wool/7% nylon), and Lion Brand Wool-Ease (80% acrylic/20% wool).

The center left and lower left cubbies are filled with Red Heart Super Saver (100% acrylic) and a few skeins of Caron Gold Sayelle (100% acrylic).

The center right and lower right cubbies have my Lion Brand Homespun stash (98% acrylic/2% polyester). And, no, that isn't the 'Regency' color that is used in the Martha Poncho, that is 'Edwardian' that I bought to make a nice, thick prayer shawl.

Not shown in the photo is the basket sitting on top of the cubby that holds some more Red Heart being used in a project, a playmat for my toddler. There are project bags in various other spots strategically located around the house that hold the rest of my 'squeaky yarn' projects. These projects are mostly sweaters or playthings for little children.

You'll have to wait until April 1st to see the 'good' stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering if you or any other bloggers out there know where I can find old Romaxe yarn. It was sold at Zayres, but they went out of business years ago. I am looking for 1 skein of sport orlon sayelle color #599-Lullaby. It is a Dupont 100% orlon acrylic. It says on the label "made expressly for Beaconway/Zayre Corp, Boston MA